Sunday mornings at Lombard Bible Church offer your entire family a time to GROW IN FAITH and a time for FAMILY WORSHIP.
9:00 a.m. Sunday School Classes
- For children 3 years old – 5th Grade (We have classes for adults, too!)
- Age-appropriate, hands-on, engaging lessons
- One Bible story and one Bible point per week
- Dedicated teachers
10:30 a.m. Family Worship Service
- Sit together as a family
- Experience God’s Word together as a family
- Worship together as a family
Start your family’s week each Sunday morning at Lombard Bible Church, and your entire family will grow together, grow in faith and grow in Christ.
Our Nursery is located steps from the sanctuary and is available Sunday mornings. The 9:00 a.m. Nursery is for newborn – 2 year olds, while our 10:30 a.m. Nursery is for newborn—3 year olds.
- A safe, loving environment
- Staffed with caring, nurturing adults
- Large rooms with a mix of large motor and small motor toys
- An audio feed of the sermon is available in the 10:30 a.m. Nursery
Midweek Kids Club
This program encourages children to develop a growing faith in Jesus Christ through engaging stations and meaningful relationships with friends and teachers. Kids Club is currently taking its summer break and will resume in September.
- Wednesday Nights, 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- 1st – 5th Grade
- Bible stories, Bible memorization, games, songs, and snacks
- Service projects
- September through April
Vacation Bible School
Each summer Lombard Bible Church hosts a Vacation Bible School where Bible stories and Bible points really come alive!
- 6:00 – 8:15 p.m., Monday – Friday, July 22-26
- For children entering Kdg. – 5th Grade
- A new theme each year
- Games, songs, snacks, and Bible stories
- An all-church CARNIVAL on Friday night to close out the week!
Student Ministries (ROOTED)
Prayer occupies a critical place at LBC. The following groups are open to anybody who would like to attend.
ENERGIZE: Midweek Study & Prayer: Wednesday, 7:00 – 8:15pm in the sanctuary, Pastor Bruce leads a time of study in God’s Word mixed in with prayer. Everyone is invited to attend and get a boost in the middle of your week.
Cup of Prayer: Thursdays from 6:30-7:30pm at the Corner House Coffee Shop (100 W. St. Charles, Lombard). Come sip some tea, coffee, or a smoothie and pray for international workers, and their families, serving throughout the world.
Wednesday Morning Prayer: 9:30-10:30 in the Fireside Room. This group focuses on praying for the LBC family and the Lombard/Villapark community.
Young Adult Group
The younger crowd at LBC (20 something) meets the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Tuesday of the month from 7:00 – 9:00, in the Fireside room. The evening consists of worship and an enriching Bible study. There are many social activities that take place every month, which makes it a great place to make new friends and be part of an enthusiastic group of growing Christians.
Bible Study Groups
Being involved in a small group Bible Study is one of the most important things that you can do to grow in your walk with the Lord. At LBC our small groups focus on four crucial Objectives:
- Studying Scripture with God’s people – Sharing insights about God’s Word and discussing the meaning of Scripture with your friends will enrich you spiritually.
- Connecting with God’s people – Making new friends and deepening existing relationships is always a blessing of participating in a small group.
- Praying with God’s people – Praying in a small group is a great way to witness first-hand the power of prayer.
- Doing Ministry with God’s people – Inviting others to the group, helping meet someone’s need, and sharing God’s love with others.
We offer a variety of Bible studies that meet on different days of the week, at different times and locations. For more information please contact the church office at 630-629-0307.
Disciple Hour 9:00 – 10:00
We offer two adult Bible study classes for those who like to go deep into God’s Word.
The gospel of Luke
Studying the gospels is a must for every believer. Luke wrote a major portion of the New Testament and studying his gospel will enrich your study of the book of Acts (authored by Luke) as well. The class is taught by Gus Scott, who will go into extensive detail as he shares his insights with you about Luke’s gospel. His class meets in room 1C of the education wing.
The Letter’s of the Apostle Paul
Paul’s letters are filled with treasures that will enrich your life. Gene Smillie will be teaching this class and provide you with information pertaining to the background and context of each letter. This will provide you a great deal of clarity about the reasons why Paul wrote the letters that he did. Gene serves as a professor at Trinity International, in Deerfield, IL. This class will be a blessing to you.
Both adult classes are open to anybody who would like to attend; just show up and enjoy the teaching! We also have classes for children and high school students during the discipleship hour.